Thursday, February 01, 2007

Rant of the Day

I am forever boycotting Healthy Choice because of their current TV ad campaign. The two faux-chefs and their smirky "We make healthy food" grins...the male faux-chef's over-the-top flourish when all he's doing is squeezing a lemon into a bowl. I hate them...I don't know why, but I've had an incredible, seething hatred towards those commercials since day one. First of all, you're not the first people to ever marinate, grill or bake something, so don't act like those are revolutionary methods for cooking food. Secondly, the line "adding flavor to taste" doesn't make any goddamned sense. Lastly, the commercial's tagline "It's all about the choices we make" is also pretty smug. It's basically saying, "Look, you can CHOOSE to eat those french fries instead of our delightful cardboard entrees, but aren't you really just choosing to be a fatass?" If a friend was complaining to me about their weight and I came back at them with "Well, it's all about the choices we make, isn't it?" I'd expect to get knocked to fark out for being a smarmy bastard. God do I hate Healthy Choice.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ben said...

We had some coupons for Healthy Choice, and combined with a deep discount from the store, we thought we'd try them.

As predicted, they were disgusting. It falls in the "barely edible" category, and that's coming from a guy who would probably eat a piece of poop for $50 (well, not the whole piece. Probably just a bite).

We got Salisbury Steak, Steak tips, and chicken, shrimp and rice. You have to add almost a full shaker of salt to stomach them, which completely defeats the purpose of being low-sodium. The potatoes were like eating chalk that had been soaked in water for 24 hours. The rest of it didn't taste like anything at all...except the dessert.

I've never had met a dessert I didn't want to eat until I met a healthy choice dessert. It was easily the worst part of the meal, with a taste that clung to your palate until you ate a few cigarette butts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home