Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good Bad Movies

I've written about the art of the good bad movie before but today in trolling Fark (one of my favorite websites) there was a link to Maxim's "definitive" list of good bad movies. I agree with some of it (namely the inclusion of Anaconda, The Beastmaster and Scarface), but I have already started a list of movies I think also should have made the list.

The Devil's Advocate
I am compelled by the forces of evil to watch this damn movie every time it's on TV. Damn you overacting Al Pacino....DAMN YOU! It's the glee with which he sticks his finger in the holy water just to watch it boil that gets me every time.

Point Break
I put this here for my friend Sally...a fellow Keanu enthusiast. Double points for starring Patrick Swayze as well.

Roadhouse
This was heavily discussed on Fark as a glaring ommission to the list. Sally (and Patrick Swayze) would agree.

Red Dawn
Seriously, how did this not make a Maxim list? Also, I'm starting to wonder if I have a Patrick Swayze problem...

Big Trouble in Little China
Jamie, I've got your back on this one.

The Cutting Edge
This is a girly choice, but I know many people that simply won't turn this off once they start watching it for the brazillionth time.

I am officially taking nominations...what is your favorite good bad movie?

4 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely Big Trouble, I also enjoyed Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold and Money Pit back in the day. I also have been known to defend Waterworld.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue - how can you leave out Girls Just Want to Have Fun? A cast way ahead of its time....

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird Al's "UHF" - starring noted racist and crazy neighbor Michael Richards.

Also, Galaxy Quest - satire of Star Trek done so brilliantly that people thought it was serious and nobody saw it. RENT IT! NOW! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger captbruce said...

Who could not sing along to "Swinging on a Star" when Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello sing it in that timeless classic...Hudson Hawk...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home