Thursday, June 01, 2006

Omens That Your Movie Will Suck

Every time I think I've moved beyond my anger about the remake of The Omen, I'm confronted by something that reinforces how much this movie is going to suck, and I get all riled up again. This article is all about the "curse" that befell the filmmakers working on the flick. Can you say "lame, transparent publicity stunt?"

I also made the mistake of trying to watch the History Channel's multi-hour Demons & Curses Omen stunt a couple of weekends back. The first hour (to which I tuned in halfway through) was pretty cool. Lots of good history, interesting material, fun old paintings of demons and stuff...but it was obvious that whenever the producers had run out of interview footage or historical documents/pics to make their point, they used footage of some actor hamming it up as the Hypothetical Antichrist. Fine...if they had used it once or twice. But no. They used the same few shots of this guy in antichrist mode 2-3 times in the last half hour of show one. Moving on to hour two and...what's this?...oh no, it's Hypothetical Antichrist guy again! Seriously, this guy bookended nearly every commercial break. Enough fake antichrist already. I get it. Enough.

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Ben said...

The real anti-christ will be born shortly. No worries. Did you see the link to it at my blog? Good stuff--You just can't fix stupid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home